Friday, January 28, 2011
Found this ad in Thunder Press, a motorcycle newspaper we place ads in now and again.
I'm pretty sure a girl in a bathing suit doesn't have a hell of a lot to do with motorcycle suspension.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
Thursday, January 6, 2011
But I'll bet there are a half-dozen design studios around here that could have done as well or better for less . . .
Starbuck's has a new logo.
Addy entries are due here in DC tomorrow, so naturally, we'll finish ours up - tomorrow.
No minute like the last minute.
Anyway, going through work and deciding what we should and could enter and what I'm embarassed we did last year, I had a few thoughts on categories I'd like to see:
- Best use of client-supplied photography
- Best print ad with way too much crap in it *
- Best campaign created from a single ad that somebody decided they wanted to turn into a campaign
- Best use of an awful logo
- Best use of your kids (a.k.a. The Ameritel Award)
- Best art direction although the copy sucks
- Best copywriting although the art direction totally blows
- Best concept ruined by the art direction and the copywriting
- Best bogus ad created just for the show
- Best reallyfastdisclaimerattheendofaradiospotthatnobodycanunderstandanyway
- Best use of "got (fill in the blank here)"? concept
- Best rip-off of something really original
- Best idea I had first but the client wouldn't f-ing run, damnit