Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm a stupid, stupid man



















Which is how I managed to sever a tendon in my hand carving a pumpkin the other night. Knives, it turns out, are sharp as hell.

I mean, who knew?

So after surgery yesterday, my left hand -- except for my thumb -- is totally out of commission. And for a writer who is a two-fingered typist, that's going to be a problem for the next 6 weeks.

Not to mention all that other stuff that takes two hands. At the very least, I'm starting to re-think my fondness for Levi's 501 button-fly jeans.

So these posts will be shorter for a while as I learn to type with one finger and one thumb. Bear with me.

I'm a stupid, stupid man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woody-

so...you thought i wouldn't check on you!

btw, i know you're using "the good" hand to type!!!!

how are you doing with you new ex's?....

ann steiger

Woody Hinkle said...

How did you find me? Typing with one hand and one thumbis s...l...o...w,

New exercises going fine. Easier than than the last time. See you Tuesday.

Woody Hinkle said...

WHERE ARE MY MANNER?

Folks, Anne Steiger is one of the coolest people on the planet -- CERTAINLY the most fabulous physical therapist that ever did be.

Rebecca said...

Poor you! Sorry to hear about the slice and dice. Take care.

will write for beer said...

dang yo. in sympathy, i typed this using only my right hand.